Children have trouble explaining their own health condition, so come by for a consultation when they start to look and act differently from usual. We accept patients starting from newborns. We also look at the mother's health along with her child. You can bring infants along with you when you come, so please feel free to contact us.
Common symptoms in children
If you have concerns about any of the following, please come for a consultation.
- Cough, Runny nose, Sinus congestion
- Sore throat
- Crying at night, Bed-wetting, Nail-biting or other concerning behaviors
- Developmental concerns
- Stomach pain, Diarrhea, Vomiting, Constipation
About Our Treatments
While undergoing treatment, we will give you a planned date for the next consultation, but another consultation may not be necessary if your child’s condition improves.
Allergies are when the body's immune system, which is supposed to remove foreign substances (such as bacteria or viruses), overreacts and causes a reaction in the body.
There are multiple types of allergies, and the symptoms vary from person to person.
Childhood allergies have been on the rise recently. If you suspect your child may have an allergy, please come and speak to us.
Major types of allergies
- Bronchial asthma
- Allergic rhinitis
- Allergic conjunctivitis
- Atopic dermatitis
- Food allergies
These symptoms may mean an allergy
- You sometimes gasp for breath
- A prolonged cough or runny nose
- Your eyes always itch
- Your skin is itchy
- A prolonged redness of the skin
- You get a rash or feel sick after eating certain foods
- You experience a change in state after eating something (vomiting, eczema, etc.)
The test and treatments we do: We can test whether you have an allergy via a blood or skin test
Food stress test
We conduct a food stress test by having you eat small amounts of a food which has caused an allergic reaction before to see whether you can eat it. We adjust the stress test based on your blood test results and the severity of your previous allergic reactions.
Oral immunotherapy is usually conducted by having you eat a food that is currently causing an allergic reaction as much as you can and making your body used to it. We provide advice on how to feed a child with an allergy at home in a safe way and when to take the food away.
We can prescribe EpiPen®, an epinephrine autoinjector, if you have in the past experienced anaphylaxis, a severe allergic reaction, and are likely to experience it again.
Treatments other than Western medicine (out-of-pocket)
We can also treat a child with allergies using natural remedies or dietary treatments. Contact us if you wish to treat your child with treatments other than steroids or drugs.
We also provide consultation for breastfeeding.
Contact us if you experience these problems.
- The baby doesn't suck on your breast
- The amount of milk is small (or you feel that it is small)
- You feel pain when breastfeeding
- Your breasts feel clogged and hurt
- The baby only breastfeeds and doesn't want to eat baby food
- You feel stiffness in your breasts
- You are concerned about taking medicine while breastfeeding
Where we differ from breastfeeding care in maternity hospitals
We teach you how to self-care for your breasts. (We do not directly conduct massages.)
We also provide diet and lifestyle advice.
In addition, we can also prescribe medication depending on your symptoms. The medication is safe to use even during breastfeeding, so please tell us if you are experiencing severe pain.
Furthermore, we can prescribe a breast milk stimulant if you want to increase the amount of breast milk you produce. In that case, please contact us by phone.
(Expenses for breast milk stimulants are out-of-pocket.)
We provide support so that you can enjoy breastfeeding.
Because of that, here we observe you breastfeed and provide advice regarding your posture and feeding techniques. We use dolls and models to explain it in a way that is easy to understand, so do not hesitate to practice together with us.
In addition, breast milk production is also linked to the mother’s mental health, so we also provide mental health care. Do not hesitate to consult us about childcare in general or domestic problems and worries. We will follow your principles and feelings in supporting you.
Our breastfeeding philosophy
We provide breastfeeding support, but we also place importance on your child's healthy growth and your own happiness. We use a formula when necessary. We will support you in accordance with your feelings, so please enjoy your breastfeeding period while it lasts.
Prices and how to contact us
- Treatment for mothers is out-of-pocket. (It may be covered by your insurance depending on the content of the treatment.)
We charge ¥3000 for the first 30 minutes and ¥1500 for every 15 minutes thereafter.
*Breast milk stimulants will be charged separately.
- Treatment for the baby is covered by insurance.
- For breastfeeding support, please make an appointment by phone: 03-5825-9608
The vaccines we provide
- Hepatitis B
- Rotavirus(Rotarix: univalent)
- Pediatric pneumococcus
- 4-in-1 (DPT-IPV)
- Inactivated polio
- MR (measles/rubella)
- Japanese encephalitis
*We also provide MR vaccines and mumps antibody tests (subsidized by Taito Ward) for adults.
What to bring for a vaccination
- Maternity Passbook (boshi-techo)
- Medical questionnaire (fill it out beforehand)
- Insurance card
- Medical card
*You will not be able to receive the vaccine without a medical questionnaire.
*Download the questionnaire for self-funded vaccination from here. *Please refrain from inserting documents, photos, etc. in the Maternity Passbook (boshi-techo), as they may get lost.
What to look out for before getting vaccinated
What to look out for after getting vaccinated
- See a doctor if you notice any changes
- Rest after receiving a vaccine
- You may bathe, but be careful not to rub the spot where you got vaccinated too hard
Regarding vaccination schedule management
＞Information regarding the vaccination schedule application
We respond to detailed inquiries regarding schedules. Feel free to contact us.
We hold vaccine seminars
We regularly hold vaccine seminars for parents and guardians to deepen their understanding of vaccines.
Feel free to participate if you have concerns about vaccines or want to learn more about them.
- Why we get vaccinated
- What the additives and side effects are
- That vaccines are not fullproof
We would like you to understand things such as:
We strive to respect your wishes regarding the vaccination method, so do not hesitate to consult with us.
Health examinations for infants and toddlers
Health examinations for infants and toddlers
Taito Ward recommends that children 6~7, 9~10, and 18 months of age receive examinations at medical institutions commissioned by Taito Ward. Make an appointment online if you wish to receive the examination at our clinic.
(Children 3~4 months and 3 years of age receive group examinations at public health centers.)
Examinations for 1-year olds are out-of-pocket.
Residents of the 23 wards can receive the 6~7 and 9~10 month examination at our clinic free of charge. Please bring the medical questionnaire with you.
(Children 6~7 and 9~10 motnsh of age can receive the examination)
Content of the examination
- Height and weight measurement
- Head posture and chest circumference measurement
- Medical history taking, medical examination
Infant and toddler examinations at our clinic
What to bring to an examination
Make sure to bring the above on the day of your child’s medical examination.
(Please fill out the “Guardian’s Record” section on the page corresponding to the infant’s age beforehand.)
We provide professional counseling if you have any particular concerns about the child's condition or your relationship with them.
It is best for the parent and the child to undergo counseling together, but mothers may also come to counseling alone. As your tone and behavior changes, so will the child. Feel free to consult with us if you are having a hard time with parenting or family issues.
Consult with us if you are experiencing these issues.
- You are concerned about your child's behavior (nail biting, frequent blinking, frequent trips to the bathroom, etc.)
- Severe tantrums
- Crying at night
- Reluctance to participate in group life
- Cannot go to school
- The child frequently exhibits problematic behavior
- You do not know how to deal with your child lately
- You are having a hard time parenting
- You get frustrated and take it out on your child or family members
- You cannot control your feelings